You know how a select handful of people win the lottery each year? We were just one of those people. Except…we didn’t win the Mega Millions or the Michigan Lottery. Heck we didn’t even win a scratch-off (in order to win these things, you’d actually have to play…and we don’t. We’re just too smart for that! :))
Instead, we won the lottery of new life!
We Just Got Infinitely Richer 3 Days Ago…
Just 3 days ago we welcomed into the world a new beautiful baby boy, Eli. He’s perfectly healthy, happy, (and still very sleepy). Our daughter (who is two), is handling the transition like a champ so far. I’m sure we’ll have our challenges, but we need to continue to recognize how blessed we are to have a growing, healthy family. And that we are infinitely richer with this new addition.
A Look Back on My Life
Six years ago, I hit rock bottom. No, I wasn’t an alcoholic or drug addict, but I had dreams of marrying a beautiful woman and growing a family together. I succeeded with the first of the two goals…but then that beautiful woman left me and refused to come back… I still remember that fateful day. The world started spinning and continued for many days, weeks, and – to my surprise – months. All was lost and I was essentially starting from scratch all over again… Those days were dark, lonely, and filled with tears that were quickly replaced with rage…
I wanted it all – a family, riches, and maybe even some fame. At that moment, I was far from any of those aspirations.
Fast forward six years. I’m married to a wonderful woman that isn’t anything like me, but we’re three years into our relationship and working amazingly well together. She respects money, is one of the more logical women I know, and is also one of the more beautiful individuals you’ll ever lay your eyes on. Not to mention, she’s now blessed me with two incredibly beautiful children. I mean c’mon, look at that picture up there! Talk about some fabulous looking kids!
Other blessings at this moment:
- My wife is able to stay at home with our two children (a fabulous blessing, but still not easy! Keep her in your prayers as I do ;))
- We have absolutely no debt (we paid off our mortgage four years ago)
- We live in a gorgeous 3 bedroom, 2 bath home that’s seemingly close to everything
- I am blessed with a fantastic job that pays well, and it’s one that I LOVE (how many people can really say that??)
- We have a healthy emergency fund and we have a rental property that gives us an awesome cash flow every month
I’ve got a wife, a daughter, a son, and no financial worries. Dang, I was rich before and now I’m infinitely richer! What a fantastic life!
My past was tough, our present is exceptional, and our future…we obviously don’t know, but here’s the plan:
- Find a farmhouse with 10+ acres and run our family like people did 50 years ago (you know, without 8 hours of TV a day…)
- Pay off this dream property within 6 months after the sale of our current home
- Send our children through private school and help them with 50% of their college education
- 3+ weeks of family vacations each year
- Continue working at my excellent job, become a manager/director, and use our money to give and bless others
- Retire early-ish and do whatever it is that we want to do (maybe nothing…or maybe world changing! Who knows?!)
No Doubt About It, I’m Infinitely Richer
Some moms and dads have children that live just a few days, some have children with permanent disabilities, and some couples can’t get pregnant at all. For my wife and I, we vow not to take these children for granted. If we earned only $20,000 a year, but had two perfectly healthy children, I would consider us wealthy for life!
With this new addition, we’re infinitely richer. Hopefully you’re wealthy with children as well – and I hope even more that you never take those riches for granted!
Help me welcome Eli to our loving home! I can’t wait to share with you our future memories!